Friday, April 18, 2008

Southern Illinois Earthquakes

Quakes! What a way to wake. Loud rumbling and our house shimmying back and forth jolted and jittered us out of bed this morning. We're having earthquakes here in Southern Illinois ranging anywhere between 2.5-5.2 magnitude. The one around 4-5 am seemed to go on and on and on.

What makes me nervous is we live on the New Madrid Fault. Yikes! No property damage...but if you all could pray that things settle down...we'd appreciate it. I don't like being separated from my children with this seizmic activity going on. And I'm not exactly mobile enough to be able to rush out of the house.

Not only that..I dreamed about an earthquake two weeks ago and because of the stupid dream I'm feeling panicky. In the dream there was an earthquake and the ground split and opened up and there was this huge chasm between my children and I. So of course, with my writer's vivid imagination, I'm a little fearful to have my children not with me.

Prayers are appreciated.


Cheryl

5 comments:

Jennifer Taylor said...

I've been praying for you and thanking God your children are okay and you weren't hurt worse. I can't believe you're having earthquakes on top of everything else. I pray you will get some much need rest, and instead of dreaming of earthquakes, got will give you a dream of a great BESTseller!!!

Things are going well here in the Carolinas. We have warm weather and some rain to break the long drought. Now that we've had a Carolina mountain retreat, maybe we can try the Carolina coast!

I'll be praying for your healing and for things in your atmosphere to calm.

Blessings,

Christa Allan said...

Prayers for you, coming right up! Hope you're healing quickly.

And since you may have a tendency to dream about events before they occur, let me know if you dream about an auction over my manuscript!

Stacey said...

Cheryl, I had no idea you were also experiencing the quakes! I've been praying for your recovery from the accident, and ws stunned to hear that you are also being shaken out of bed!

May Jesus protect you and your family and heal you quickly and completely. May He calm the ground beneath you and fill you with peace.

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Thank you all for your well-wishes and prayers.

I'm still on the mend. Not sure if I have to have surgery on the fractured foot yet or not. I see the ortho doc again Monday.

Will update as changes occur.

Hugs!

Cheryl

Crystal Laine said...

You have just been through some stressful things! And then to dream about an earthquake is disturbing (when we actually have an earthquake!) Keep on healing and we'll keep praying for you.

I woke with the rumbling in my chest and I thought at first I was having a heart attack--then I noticed the rattling windows, walls, etc. That was weird!