Monday, April 14, 2008

Recouping and Thanks

Hey all

Some of you know by now I was in a MVA Saturday night.

Posting quick to say I'm all right and my family is all right. Car didn't make it and the can of bisquits I'd just bought from the store definitely didn't make it. :-)

I'm sore but recouping. The driver who ran a stop sign and caused the accident is being evasive and cavalier. Please pray she does the right thing and cooperates with police so we can get insurance stuff pushed through.

In addition, thanks you to all of you who came out to my booksigning and found out the hard way that I wasn't there. Many of you found out about the wreck from the librarians. I am sorry I wasn't able to notify you and I know many of you drove long distances to get there.

I appreciate you and will answer all of the e-mails and letters when some of the swelling and pain is out of my hands. Right now it hurts to type. I did break my foot/ankle in several places but that seems to be the worst injury I received...THANK GOD.

Even the police and EMS mentioned that the way both vehicles were totaled (because we also hit a tree after colliding with the vehicle that caused the wreck) and that my family was uninjured except for my fractures and whiplash is a real miracle.

So if you would please join me in praising God that this wasn't worse.

I'll start posting more when my hands and fingers get back to normal.

Thanks so much for all of your well-wishes and prayers.

Recouping and exceptionally thankful my family is okay,

Cheryl

5 comments:

Carole said...

Cheryl, I'm so thankful God protected you from serious injury. I'm praying for you, and also the lady who ran the stop sign. May your recovery go well.

Brittanie said...

Lifting you up right now. :)

Anonymous said...

That's so scary. I'm very grateful that you all came out of this "ok". I'll be praying for a quick recovery.

Susan Stitch said...

Cheryl,

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I am amazed you all weren't hurt more. I'm praying for quick healing, minimal pain, and that you are able to find a new car quickly and easily. I'm sorry you had to miss your first book signing.

susan

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Thank you all for your well-wishes and prayers.

I'm still on the mend. Not sure if I have to have surgery on the fractured foot yet or not. I see the ortho doc again Monday.

Will update as changes occur. I'm also exceedingly thankful for your gratitude sent to God for protecting us from greater harm.

Hugs!

Cheryl