Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm having entirely too much fun

On this Darvocet....
 
LOL!
 
Actually...I'm kidding. I've only had two in 24 hours and before that I was having to take them every four hours. So prayers are working! Keep at it!
 
And keep sending thanks His way too. Some friends from church came by tonight...brought me THE best grilled burger and other awesome food. Told me an awesome joke. Wish I could remember it...something about geese. Tim and Lauren and her brother. And of course Lauren looks so beautiful pregnant...she's one of these thin women who look like an olive on a toothpick. Very glowing. She's going to be a great mom. They had me laughing for at least an hour. And my MIL has lunch for me in the fridge for tomorrow. My lifesaver Aimee came today and cleaned the guinea cage after her lovely mom brought some bedding from the store. Aimee also did my dishes and laundry. YAY! And straightened my kitchen and vacuumed. My sister and BIL are watching the kids and my house is QUIET for the first time in nearly a decade! Granny Veda got moved from Intensive care to a regular room..PRAISE GOD! And granny Nellie called to chat and she always cheers me up. Debbie called from the Carolinas and I lost my balance while talking to her and bumped my foot...OUCH! She lovingly scolded me and told me to sit down I was out of breath. Or maybe that was the voices in my head. LOL! I had six uninterrupted hours to read my Bible and pray. SIX!!!! WOW! That hasn't happened in years. My cousin from across the street calls once an hour to check in on me. My SIL and niece came by for coffee and a chat. Folks have been calling. Cards have come in the mail and well-wishes through e-mail from all over the world. I tell you..I should crash my car more often....HE! NOT! I know I'm forgetting stuff too.
 
I truly feel loved everyone! THANK YOU!
 
Hugs,
 
Cheryl-more and more on the mend.

--
www.CherylWyatt.com ~~High-Caliber Romance, High-Octane Faith~~  
Pouring my vial of words over Him.

A SOLDIER'S PROMISE~ Steeple Hill LI ~ Jan. 2008  RT Top Pick!
A SOLDIER'S FAMILY~ Steeple Hill LI~Mar. 2008 RT Top Pick!

7 comments:

Mimi N said...

Ah, sometimes that medications does wonders to helping us get thru the initial pain! Cheryl, I'm so thankful to our Father for keeping your entire family safe as well as the other driver. We'll be praying she is moved by the Lord to make the right choices. I also will pray for discernment for the investigators. May the Healer continue to knit you ankle back together. Enjoy your quiet and the Word since you have so much time right now.

Blessings,
Mimi

Edgy Inspirational Author said...

Sorry to hear about your accident. But glad to hear you are on the mend!

Melanie Dickerson said...

Hi, Cheryl! Just wanted you to know I've praying for you since Pammer posted about your accident on the prayer loop. Hope you get lots of God-time while you're laid up and you heal faster than the doctors ever imagined anyone could!

Leanna Ellis said...

Still praying for you, girl! Glad you are starting to feel better. The meds are working for sure. ;)

Blessings, Leanna

CherryBlossomMJ said...

In December I was in a wreck, car did not make it, but my sewing machine and I did. I didn't break anything of me, just severe whiplash and anxiety. It sounds like on that front you're already much better than I was for a couple months. I pray that the bones heal well and that the insurance goes through. Mine did, but not as we would have liked. Apparently no matter what color the light is if you turn left, you're in the wrong. I pray that your situation is fast and over with. Not the relaxation part, obviously! God speed to health!

MJ

Tiffany Amber Stockton said...

It's awesome to hear of God's hand on you and your family during this accident and the aftermath. His miracles truly did keep you encircled in His protection.

Glad to see you're able to be at your computer...even if you ARE drugged up. Then again, sometimes it's difficult to tell the difference. LOL! Just kidding! You know I love you.

Thanks for the update and continued prayers are winging heavenward on your behalf and for your family. Prayers too for the woman who caused the accident that she'll help and not hinder the insurance process. I also pray for the doctor's widsom and guidance as the prognosis regarding your ankle and foot is revealed.

Keep us posted! *hugs*

carla stewart said...

I was so sorry to hear about your accident and so relieved that you are doing better. I bet you have more empathy for "Manny" now :-) Continued blessings as you heal and get back to normal--as if a writer ever really knows what that is.