Tuesday, October 09, 2007

FEEDBACK REQUESTED and WRAP-UP OF SQUIRREL'S STORY STARTER CONTEST

Hey all,
 
Lacy's comment reminded me I need to bring you up to speed on what's going on with the contest.
 
The annual winner will be announced in November. I am going over all my spreadsheets for the year and making certain of how many entries each person had. Then I'm e-mailing entrants to verify numbers.
 
This is taking some time. Winners will be announced in November. If you've won, I will be contacting you with permission to announce your name (or names!) on here. Yes, there could be a tie, which means more than one of you would get the 6 month Steeple Hill subscription.
 
You guys have been wonderful, wonderful, wonderful this year and I have seen your writing grow from one entry to the next.
 
Next year, I might consider implementing the offer of sending your entries back critiqued. I will be asking for your feedback on that. The critique/feedback would be confidential between the entrant and I. As in the entries, nothing is made public.
 
Next year, I'm also considering announcing the monthly winners on the blog. Let me know what you guys think about that. If you've entered, don't be shy, let me know what you'd like changed as well as what you hope doesn't change about the monthly prompt contests. I'm open for suggestions and comments here.
 
Also, there will be more incentives to enter next year. If you send a friend to enter, that will earn you more points toward winning the annual prize.
 
I may change the way I do things because people coming in in June don't have the same chances that someone coming in in January have to win the annual prize. Once the contest grows so folks know about it, that won't be a problem. But right now, folks are still stumbling onto the contest for the first time.
 
Suggestions are welcome.
 
Talk away!
 
Squirrel

--
Cheryl Wyatt   Gal. 2:20   Pouring my vial of words over Him.

www.CherylWyatt.com   www.Scrollsquirrel.blogspot.com

A SOLDIER'S PROMISE~ Steeple Hill Love Inspired~ Jan. 2008
A SOLDIER'S FAMILY~ Steeple Hill Love Inspired~ Mar. 2008

www.Steeplehill.com   www.Loveinspiredauthors.com

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I would LOVE to see the winner of each month posted on your blog. It would give a nice "finished" feeling to that month's contest. Just my opinion.

Lacy J. Williams said...

I really like the idea of getting a critique with each entry - but that would take more time for you - and after your book comes out in January we'll of course be drooling for more, so you might need that time for writing. LOL

Hope Chastain said...

I agree with Shauna and Lacy. It would make a lot more work for you, but it would be nice to know who won and to get a critique! You're a busy lady, but you know what they say: "If you want something done, ask a busy person." *grin* Just don't take on more than you can handle, because we need our Squirl! Hugs to you for doing this, anyway! It's been great fun, and I've learned a lot. You've helped me to tighten my writing, and that's invaluable! Thanks!