Sunday, October 21, 2007

BLUSH AND CRINGE

Okay, since I was tagged with a Blog Friend Forever award by my friend Camy Tang ( Web site: http://camytang.com/ or Blog: http://camys-loft.blogspot.com/  ) and she mentioned my infamous Blush and Cringes (do u know how many of those I've chickened out and deleted seconds after sending? LOL!) I thought I'd better post one.
 
Today after church we were eating at what my husband calls the human food trough (Golden Corral). I'd been praying to be able to remember teachers who encouraged my writing journey. Difficult since we moved three times during high school.
 
As I came back from getting my second helping of scrumptious food, I passed a man who looked familiar. Though he wasn't actually one of my teachers, I remembered him coordinating the Friends in Christ club....which is one of the places I came to know God for the first time. I asked him if he was Mr. Carrol, and he said yes. I remember thinking how unfair that he doesn't look a day older than I remember him, and yet I'm sure I've aged in 20 years. LOL!
 
Anyway, I asked him if he remembered the creative writing teacher's name. He went through a couple names. I remembered one as being a teacher who encouraged me to pursue writing. I told him her doing that and about me recently contracting two Christian novels with an Inspirational publisher. http://SteepleHill.com/ He was very happy for me. Prior to that though, his face kept kind of twitching and he'd eye my neck. I knew I'd layered my clothing so it couldn't be too much cleavage or something. I thought maybe as I told him what year I graduated, he thought I had to many jaw wrinkles for that or something.
 
I go back to the table, sit down......and discover I have a huge splotch of potatoes, gravy and corn below my neck, above my collar. I mix those items together and eat them like that. I'm not kidding when I say there was a quarter size glob on my skin. Have no idea why I didn't feel it hit. Who knows. Anyway, I'm 99.9% sure he noticed it but was too nice to mention it. LOLOL! No wonder he was twitching and blinking and trying not to stare. LOLOL!
 
God knows how to keep us humble, eh?
 
I tell you, people don't believe me when I tell them I need an adult size bib when I eat. LOL! Until after they eat with me.....
--
Cheryl Wyatt   Gal. 2:20   Pouring my vial of words over Him.

www.CherylWyatt.com  www.Scrollsquirrel.blogspot.com

A SOLDIER'S PROMISE~ Steeple Hill Love Inspired~ Jan. 2008
A SOLDIER'S FAMILY~ Steeple Hill Love Inspired~ Mar. 2008

www.Steeplehill.com  www.Loveinspiredauthors.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to see a new face there. I'll add yours to my blogroll and daily blog reading list.

Michelle