Thursday, March 10, 2005

Sheeeeeesh!!!!!!!!

I thought I'd never get back here! Sorry for the delay in my bloggyness but we've been dealing with the plague at my house. Yeah. The flu. Ick.

CONTEST
Only 10 more days to get those entries in! It can be any length up to 500 words. The prize is nice so go for it!

MY WRITING
I'm starting on some Special Ops romances. I'm sooo excited about them. I really think they're going to be fun to write. I should be hearing any time (EEEK!) from the agent I queried. I don't get in a hurry with these things. I mean, the worst thing I think you can do is BUG an agent or edtior into NOT wanting to buy your stuff or representing you. So my advice for the week is: Ignore the turnaround times and BE PATIENT! Moving on----

BLUSH AND CRINGE
My husband does parking lot maintenance. Well he had some (not some-ALOT!) of business cards printed out, only problem? The word "Striper" was spelled wrong and only after he'd handed some out did I notice. My husband is a Professional Line Stripper! (whatever that is.) He gives special discounts if churches let him do this in their parking lots. Well, all I have to say is, "that's one way to heat up the asphalt!" 8)

BORROWED PRAYERS
Dear God, Please send a special touch to those stricken with sickness this week. Especially be with the little children who do not have medicine available to ease their suffering, Lord. Have mercy on them, be moved with the same compassion that moved You in the Bible and heal them, Lord and help them to know You.

VERSE
. . .the Lord blesses His people with peace. Psalms 29:11 NIV


Something really neet happened to me this week: Last week I had been complaining about how hard it is to be published, how painful the greuling process. Well, I was having a Baditude that day (My term for a Bad Attitude) and I spouted something off about, "I feel like those flowers out there, they're NEVER going to bloom." (I had planted some sort of flower my mother in law had given me with explicit instructions not to plant them too shallow. So guess what I did? Planted them too deep and for the second or third year in a row, the green stalk just comes up, but no flower.) So I said to my husband, "You might as well just mow over them, they're NEVER going to bloom." In my head, I was thinking the same thing about my stories-getting happy with the DELETE key, shredding them all, releiving myself of the trauma. (LOL). In that instant, I felt like God whispers, "When those flowers bloom, you'll be published."

So what did I do? I laughed out loud, thinking, those dumb flowers are never going to bloom. They have not bloomed for three years. Not that God couldn't make them bloom, I just thought my radar was jammed and the whisper was my thoughts.

Guess what I saw the very next morning when I looked out the kitchen window?

A beautiful yellow flower sitting atop one of those barren green stems!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I sat in the floor and cried.

God has a sense of humor. And a very tender heart for those of you who have been waiting for what seems like forever for your dreams to come true. Have faith. Don't give up. Trust God to fulfill His promises. If He said it, He will bring it to pass.

So of course I spent the majority of the day going, "Okay, He said when the flowers bloomed, I'd be published. So does that mean ALL of the flowers? Does that mean it's going to take two or three years for me to get published from the time I started writing since it took that long for the flowers to bloom? Etc, etc. You get the picture! LOL. So anyway, no matter how long it takes, He is in control, and you know what? I wouldn't want it any other way. And neither would you.

Until next time,

Squirrel

1 comment:

Heather Diane Tipton said...

aw hun, didn't I tell you???