Friday, March 25, 2005

PROMPT CONTEST WINNER!!!!

Congratulations to KM for winning Squirrel's Story Starter for March!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have any idea what I'm chattering about? Listen up: I give you a prompt and you write a scene of any length up to 500 words. Submit it to Cheryl@CherylWyatt.com by the deadline (April 20th) and the winner will be announced between the 25th and 28th of April. Winner gets their choice of a new book, either a new fiction release, or a good book on the craft of writing.

Here's the prompt for the April contest:

Write a romantic comedy using each of these words. You'll notice some of them can be used as nouns or verbs. Plural versions of the words can be used. Happy Writing!!!

Thread
Bow
Run
Case
Hammer
Pantyhose
Subway
Trip
Bruise
Attraction
Court
Late

ALSO: To make it really challenging, the two main characters must be a female Attorney and a
Male construction worker.

============================
BORROWED PRAYERS:
Please help us to devour Your word as if we were starving, and to crave Your presence more than a drowning man craves breath. Help us to remember the sacrifice You made on that cross of pain, Lord Jesus. We do love you. Help us to love you more.
============================
VERSE:
Jesus said unto her,I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live. John 11:25
============================
BLUSH AND CRINGE:
Well, as I've read back over some of my posts in a momentary lapse of reason, cheeks are mighty pink when I see all the typos. EEEK. Sorry 'bout that guys.
===========================
GOD MOMENT
Remember a few posts back I was telling you about those flowers that bloomed outside? Well a couple days later I got a writer's publication in the mail and on the back was an advertizement with a picture of a yellow flower. I tromped out across the yard in my husband's size 101/2 shoes with a flashlight and pulled it. When I brought it back in and compared it to the picture (because I'd thought it looked strikingly similar, but I don't know anything about flowers and in fact kill every plant I've ever owned. Even the plastic one from Hobby Lobby dried up and turned yellow. Upon my honor it did.) Anyway, sorry for tangeanting on you like that. I compared the flowers and they were EXACTLY THE SAME! Guess who put out the ad?
The line and publisher I'm targeting. The one I felt like God has put on my heart.
Yeah, yeah, I may be reading into it, but if it does come to pass, I can look back and see that God snuck me a glimpse of the promise.
============================
Thanks for stopping by, I hope you've been encouraged and humored.

Squirrel

2 comments:

writerlysoul said...

Hey, sometimes "signs" are a SIGN from God that He knows right where we are and what we're doing.

My prayers are with you for your publishing goals!

Love, Staci

writerlysoul said...

Hey, sometimes "signs" are a SIGN from God that He knows right where we are and what we're doing.

My prayers are with you for your publishing goals!

Love, Staci