Thursday, March 03, 2005

17 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 17 more days left for my Prompt Contest Deadline. Get those entries in to me at Cheryl@cherylwyatt.com by Mar. 20th.

=========================
VERSE:
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your father which is in Heaven. Matther 5:16
=========================
BORROWED PRAYERS: (Squirrel's prayers that she'd love for you to "borrow" as your own.)
Dear God, I don't think I know You very well, but I really want to. Help me to know that I don't have to fix myself up, clean myself up, or improve myself in any way before I come to You. You love me, and want me to come just as I am. Thank you for changing what we can't change in ourselves, and for seeing us as we shall be even though we aren't there yet.
===========================
BLUSH AND CRINGE:
At a grocery store, a checker called over the public in-store intercom for a "price check on a box of 36 count Tampax(tm)." A male grocery clerk misunderstood her, thinking she'd said "Thumbtacks," and replied over the intercom, "Is that the ones you push in with your thumb, or hit in with a hammer?" The entire store heard this exchange.
==========================
BOOK REVIEWS:
I now have a new format. Until further notice, I will no longer be doing a point system because doing them in that format was making me feel yucky.
=============
Title: Eyes of Elisha
Author: Brandilyn Collins
ISBN: 0-310-23968-0
Pub: Zondervan
Blurb: Chelsea Adams has visions of a murder victim's last moments, but no one believes her-except the killer. Will Chelsea be next?
Review: Be prepared for your pulse to soar. If you read this when it's dark and you're alone--it will have you glancing over your shoulder. Brilliant plot twists and intriguing characters grab you from the start and don't let go. Excellent, engaging, nibble-your- fingernails read. One for the keeper shelves, Collins will render you breathless with this one.
=============
Title: The Winter Pearl
Author: Molly Noble Bull
ISBN: 0-373-78529-1
Pub: Steeple Hill
Blurb: Honor McCall is on the run. The danger that stalks her carries a family face. Will a young minister, intent on rescuing Honor, find her before her cruel uncle does?
Review: An historical set in Colorado, late 1800's, Winter Pearl is a charming story that paints a beautiful portrait of redemption and forgiveness. I highly recommend this book to anyone with a family member struggling with alcoholism. Hope will wash over you with every page you turn. Sweet read.
==============

Bye for now!

Squirrel

No comments: