Wednesday, March 30, 2005

POP! PSZZZT!! PZZSST!

Okay, so that was lame. I was trying to make the sound that followed that squirrel (yes, a real one) when it chewed through our phone lines. We didn't have connection for a day or two. Anyway, my website newsletter is coming out by April 10th. If you want to sign up go to www.CherylWyatt.com and click the newsletter link on the home page.

BLUSH AND CRINGE:
I was teaching a youth group lesson to a group of about fifty teens a while back. I had been running behind and had yanked a pair of sweats out of the dryer practically on my way out the door. I'm in the middle of the group, about ten minutes into the lesson and notice EVERYONE is snickering, or at least, trying not to. I notice eyes darting to my right ankle. I look down to find the edge of my dh's undies sticking proudly out the bottom of myf gym pants. Par for the course of my life.

VERSE:
I seek You with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. Psalm 119:10 NIV

BORROWED PRAYERS:
Just retell the above verse to God in your own words or repeat it word for word. There's one thing about praying scripture---you KNOW you're praying God's will, so you KNOW He's going to answer. Unless of course you're talking about someone who made you mad at work and you ask God to "Tear their teeth out, Oh God." Like David did. That would run along the same lines as "calling down fire from Heaven." Not that I've ever done that. (insert innocent-looking emoticon here.)

I've entered a slew of wips in contests. I figure the one that fares the best will be the one I enter in the Golden Heart at the end of the year. Sounds like a plan.

Have a blessed day.

Squirrel

No comments: