Saturday, February 26, 2005

TWO SCENES!!!

WHAT"S NEW WITH MY WRITING:
I'm two scenes away from finishing the story I'm currently working on. Woohoo! Then I'm going to dive in to another series that's been floating around my head for awhile.
=========
BOOK REVIEWS:
I've changed my format for book reviews. Instead of typing the roses out, I'm just going to say how many roses it gets. Thw way I was doing it before strikes me as cheezy. No comments from the peanut gallery. Or, I guess that would be "Acorn Gallery" here.
=========
BLUSH AND CRINGE:
The other day one of my kids came in with a toy iron and started running it over my face as if it were a car. I'm like, "What ARE you doing?" Looking intent, with tongue hanging out in concentration and vaguely annoyed at being interrupted with her task, she replies, "Don't interrrupt me. You have lines around your eyes and mouth and I'm trying to help you out here." I ran to the mirror and sure enough, WRINKLES. Bleck.
=========
VERSE: God shall suppy all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Phil 4:19

Even someone to help you iron out all your wrinkles :-)
=========

BORROWED PRAYER:
Help us trust You at all times. When things get tough, and when they are fine. Help us exude the kind of childlike faith that points others to You. You are always faithful. Always. You never fail. In every circumstance, help us to believe that.
=========

TIPS FOR NEW WRITERS:
Capitalize the first letter of the first, last, and each important word in the title of a book, play, article, etc.
"The Mystery of the Green Ghost"
A Night at the Opera
(Source: Webster's New World Pocket Style Guide by MacMillan.)

When submitting a manuscript, most authors capitalize each letter of the title of their book on the cover page and sometimes the header.

JADED HEART by Cheryl Wyatt.

==========

DONT FORGET ABOUT MY MONTHLY WRITING PROMPT CONTEST!!! I HOLD ONE PER MONTH. SCROLL DOWN FOR DETAILS, or email me at cheryl@cherylwyatt.com
Prize is usually your choice of a new book valued between $5.00-$25.00 and entry is fun and free!!!

===========

I'm going to be putting out a newsletter a few times a year. I don't believe in spamming, so if you want to recieve it, send me an email letting me know that.

Visit my website:
www.cherylwyatt.com
Bookmark it if you enjoy my blog: there's a link to my Treehouse there.

Thanks for stopping by!


Your friendly neighborhood Squirrel


No comments: