Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I lasted a week

Okay, so I tried to take a two week hiatus (did I spell that right?) from writing to get caught up on my TBR pile and I lasted 6 days. I wrote a synopsis for my newest wip today so I could enter it in a contest. I did get a couple books read this week though. Woven Hearts by Barbour and Paper Moon by Linda Windsor, I highly recommend both. Woven Hearts is a sweet, feel good set of four historical novellas about four Steadman boys who are related. Linda Windsor writes romantic comedy and I bet I laughed out loud at least every third page. She writes just like she talks. Linda is one of the most amazing people I've ever had the privelage of meeting. I'm hooked on her stuff.

Novella: A shorter story than a Novel. Barbour does alot of them.
Anthology: a group of stories, usually novellas.

Blush and Cringe:
Okay, this isn't something I did, but a bit of advice for you married folks: Don't leave the baby monitor on when you're having a *moment* with your husband. No telling who in the neighborhood (or the house) is listening.

Site of interest:
Check out www.Steeplehill.com
I practically live there when I'm online.

VERSE:
These were the clans of Reuben;those numbered were 43, 730. Numbers 26: 7

(Just Kidding. Here's the *real* verse. Not that that one wasn't real, but I was trying to make a funny. )

REAL VERSE: WHich is also the BORROWED PRAYER. Just ask God to do this in you.
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Ezekiel 36: 26


My contest is still open but not for long. Scroll back through messages to find Kaylee's Bagel. I've even given you a prompt to get you started.

New Prompt:

Write a historical scene set in New Mexico in 1866 using a soldier who survived a confederate prison camp who has lost his faith in God and the faith-filled daughter of the man who took him on as a ranch hand.


That's all for now.

Squirrel

No comments: