Monday, October 05, 2009

Monday Book Mania-Dreaming of Home by Glynna Kaye


This week's feature is debut novelist Glynna Kaye and her book Dreaming of Home.


A Treasure of a Book!
Ahoy, Mateys! Shiver me timbers…this book was an absolute joy to read. Glynna’s debut book was fantastic from beginning to end. Several parts left a smile on my face and a couple times, a lump in my throat at how Glynna delicately handled issues. This book touched me deeply and the story resonated because I have a friend going through cancer. The little boy is absolutely adorable and adds so much joy to the story. I love, love, loved the opening to this very-well-written book. Looking forward to reading many more of Glynna Kaye’s books. Don’t miss this heartwarming story by a promising new author.
Cheryl Wyatt

5 comments:

Myra Johnson said...

In total agreement--a wonderfully written debut novel!

Project Journal said...

Hi Cheryl(told ya I was coming!)! Hi Myra!
I haven't read this yet, but I'm pretty sure that this is next on my list : ) I have heard so many amazing things about it! I'm reading Love's Healing Touch by Jane Myers Perrine at the moment and LOVING it by the way! It's a doctor story, Cheryl, if you haven't read it!! *wink*
Talk to you later!
Hannah

Edna said...

I would love to win that book, I love to read new author's work and it seems there are so many out there now.


mamat2730(at)charter(dot)net

Julie Hilton Steele said...

I haven't gotten this one yet but I am intrigued. Since I work in the cancer field and tend to shy away from the subject matter in my reads, that is saying a lot.Thanks for the review

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Myra, thanks for coming by. Hugs!

Hey Hannah! Great 2 C U here too!

Edna, sorry for the misunderstanding but I'm not giving away a copy. Just promoting the book so people will buy it. I'm no longer giving away books on this blog because I don't want to have to pay a use tax. Sorry!

Julie, that ca element is VERY light in the book. The focus in the romance and of course that adorable little boy.

Hugs all! Thanks for coming by.

Cheryl