Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mission: Military Prayers-for spouses of deployed




I ran across this Web site (www.operationwearehere.com) yesterday after the owner direct messaged me on Twitter. I read the deeply moving letters, especially the on the right hand column and knew immediately what & who I needed/wanted to pray for today.


Father, I lift up the spouses of deployed servicemen and women today. If I were done for a little or for a long while, I'd want to be sure someone was taking care of my family on the homefront. Please give those who serve assurance that their loved ones back home are being cared and provided for. Meet the spousal needs and strengthen relationships in the deployed person's absense. Hold the families together and help the spouses through loneliness and fear of what may come. Keep their loved one safe as they serve and keep the spouses safe as they hold down the fort at home. Bless them, Lord and let them know You care. May all their needs be met in the sweet name of Jesus.

Feel free to "borrow" this prayer to say for someone you know who needs it. PRAY FOR OUR TROOPS. But don't forget to pray for their loved ones at home too! :-)

Cheryl Wyatt

2 comments:

Pamela J said...

Our second son is in the army and I wanted to let you know that I feel God has set in motion His answer to your prayers on our son's behalf. Just in the last few days this answer is coming to pass in these areas: "to be sure someone was taking care of my family on the homefront, give those who serve assurance that their loved ones back home are being cared and provided for, Meet the spousal needs and strengthen relationships in the deployed person's absense, Hold the families together", and "help the spouses through loneliness". I stand with you in "Keep their loved one safe as they serve and keep the spouses safe as they hold down the fort at home. Bless them, Lord and let them know You care. May all their needs be met in the sweet name of Jesus."
Thank you for your continued prayers on behalf of the servicemen, of which my son is included.
Pam Williams

LynnRush said...

Amen!