Wednesday, October 01, 2008

October 2008 Prompt

October Prompt Contest

RULES:
• Write a 500 word scene using all ten Prompt Words.
• Begin each scene using one of three Scene Starter Sentences.
• Mail your scenes in the body of an e-mail to Cheryl @ CherylWyatt . com (close spaces before and after “@” and “.”) If the e-mail bounces back to you, please let me know in the comment of this post.
• Put “October Prompt Contest” in the subject line.
• Entry deadline is the last day of the month.
• Winners will be notified the first week of the next month.
• Winners will receive a free Steeple Hill book, mailed the month winners are notified.
• All monthly entrants (not just winners) will be entered into the annual contest for one of several chances to win a six month subscription to any Steeple Hill line of their choice.
• Entries will not be posted or published anywhere and entrants retain all rights to their work.
• New prompts will be posted on the first of the month.
• Most of all, have fun!

October Prompt Words
1. Pumpkin
2. Relay
3. Tractor
4. Hayride
5. Cider
6. Apple
7. Jacket
8. Set
9. Sit
10. Sat

October Scene Starter Sentences:
“Will you go with me?”
“I’m scared to ask him.”
“He could use a friend right now.”

Happy writing!

Cheryl Wyatt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused. This is my first time here. You say to write a 500 word scene. Then you say begin each scene with one of the scene starter sentences.

Do I just have to use one of those sentences to start my 500-word scene? Or do I have to have 3 scenes within the 500 words and each must start with one of the sentences so I use all three?

Thanks. :-)

Cheryl Wyatt said...

Hi Kate,

Thanks for your interest in my prompt contest.

You choose one sentence out of the three to write one 500 word scene.

Hope this makes sense.

If not, let me know.

Best of luck!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Makes perfect sense. Thanks for answering. :-)