Since Illinois is currently home to me and where my Wings of Refuge Series is set, I found this Forward to be hilarious...and oh-so-true!
Jeff Foxworthy on Illinois :
- If your local Dairy Queen is closed from
- November through March, you might live in Illinois
- If someone in a store offers you assistance & they don't work there, you might live in Illinois .
- If your dad's suntan stops at a line curving around the middle of his forehead, you might live in Illinois
- If you have ever worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you might live in Illinois .
- If your town has an equal number of bars and churches, you might live in Illinois .
- If you have had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you might live in Illinois
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE Illinoisan WHEN:
1. Vacation means going north or south on I-57 for the weekend.
2. You measure distance in hours.
3. You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
4. You often switch from heat to AC in the same day and back again.
5. You drive 65 mph through a raging blizzard, with out flinching.
6. You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including weddings).
7. You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.
8. You carry jumper cables in your car and know how to use them.
9. You design your kids Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
10. Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow.
11. You know all 5 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, road construction, and it's Hot.
12. Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next to a blue spruce.
13. 'Down south ' means Missouri .
14. A brat is something you eat.
15. Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.
16. You go out to a tailgate party every Friday.
17. You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
18. You find 0 degrees a 'little chilly.'
19. You know the difference between corn and soy beans at a glance.
20. You do not consider Chicago to be a part of Illinois
21. A 'hill' is any landmass higher than 20 feet above sea level
22. You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to all your Illinois friends. What's not to understand?