Pssst! I snitched the meme Camy stole from Danica...
1. What is your occupation? Full time writer and RN (That's Real Nerd in case you were wondering. Though my license is still active, I'm taking a leave from nursing at the moment.)
2. What color are your socks right now? Tan and I only have one on since my other foot looks like the Terminator. I'm wearing an Air Cast because I have a broken foot/ankle.
3. What are you listening to right now? My crotchety air conditioner which doesn't seem to be cooling me down. I'm sweating. Bleck!
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Hubby ran to the border for Taco Bell.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Learned at age 12 but not lately. I detained an ambulance the last time I tried. Just ask my sister Lisa to tell you the (terrible and funny!) story.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Fuschia. Is there a fuschia?
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My hubby....from the other room! LOL! We're bad. Hey...gimme a break. I have a broken leg and didn't feel like crutching across the other side of the house to ask him something.
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I love the persons I stole this from.
9. Favorite drink? English Breakfast tea with milk (whole). OH MY! I CAN STEAL THIS ANSWER TOO! I LOVE sweet English Breakfast Tea...but boiled milk. Got hooked on that in India.
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Cricket! Have to practically leave the country to do so though. WHY CAN'T WE HAVE CRICKET IN THE U.S.?! I'm pouting over that.
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? Not me. But recently I was lamenting the fact that I hadn't had a hair cut or highlight since my wreck because I can't drive. So my sister-in-law Tammy came to my rescue. Dragged me to the car, hauled me to the mall and made a hair appointment for me! I'm thankful for friends and women who understand the vanity of three bad hair months in a row.
12. Pets? Just got a brand-new dog named Cricket!!! And still have three guineas named S'more, Suger Bug and....dang...can't remember the last one's name! Shhh! Don't tell my kids. I think it's name is fudge. Oh man....am I ever in trouble here...
13. Favorite food? Melted cheese and Ribeye steak...just not together. LOL!
14. Last movie you watched? Can't recall the name but it was about a silly old man and a big veggie eating rabbit who terrorized a town. No I'm not kidding.
15. Favorite Day of the year? Valentines' Day since I'm a romance writer and it's also my birthday.
16. What do you do to vent anger? ROFL! I had to laugh at Camy's answer because my answer is identical...call Camy or Robin or my sister Lisa.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? My motercycle and my gun.
18. What is your favorite season? Spring
19. Hugs or kisses? Kisses from hubby and my family's hugs
20. Cherry or blueberry? Cherry dip from Dairy Queen.
21. Do you want your friends to email you back? Please be kind and spare me....I get 200 e-mails a day....not Spam.
22. What are you reading? JANET DEAN'S DEBUT HISTORICAL!!!!! Courting Miss Adelaide from Steeple Hill Historical!
23. What is on the floor of your closet? Clothes and shoes and probably a colony of dust bunnies have settled there since I haven't been able to vacuum in there or clean it out in three months.
24. Favorite smells? Hubby's cologne, meat grilling on charcoal, fresh-cut grass and newborn babies after a Johnson's bath, and my granny Nellie's coffee-gravy porkchops cooking. Grandma Veda's breakfast. Mom's Enchilada pie and barbequed spareribs.
25. Who inspires you? God and my mom and my grandmother Veda and my grandmother Nellie. My faithful blog readers and book fans, and all the wonderfully gifted women in my life. Brenda Stritzel, Marcie Scheumaker, Renee Morgan, Lisa Davis, Danica favorite Mcdonald, Pammer James, Camy Tang, Carmen Kretcji, Amanda Paull, Jennifer Darling, Jesse Sayer, Terri Kessinger, Mia Davidson, Tammy Wyatt, Michelle Patula, Becca Dalton, Melissa Purdy, Debbie Roberts, Cheryl Rose, Casheena Stephens, Val Tao, Aimee Williams and her mom and sister. Alma, Terrilynn, Jolina, Aunt Linda and Aunt Anna and this list could go on forever...
Also, Corrie Ten Boom, Mother Teresa, Jackie Pullinger To, and other great women of faith and who stood up for the helpless.
26. What are you afraid of? Loss
27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers? Cheese
28. Favorite car? ANYTHING NASCAR!!!
29. Favorite cat breed? Siamese
30. Number of keys on your key ring? I haven't driven in three months so I have no idea where my keys are. Car's totaled anyway.
31. How many years at your current job? 20 years nursing...nearly 10 years writing.
32. Favorite day of the week? date nights with hubby and church day and family nights with the kids and Thursday small group and Saturday prayer group...okay I guess that about covers it. LOL!
33. How many states have you lived in? Let's see...California's 1, New Mexico's 2, Oklahoma's 3, Illinois is 4, Panic is 5, Confusion is 6, Physical Duress is 7 and Boredom is 8. LOL!
34. Do you think you're funny? No, but other people do. Which I guess is better than thinking I am and other people don't. LOL!
35. New Year's resolution? To lose weight. Right. I'll just keep that cause it's Camy's answer. I have gone UP a size since my wreck and I'm totally depressed about it. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME TO LOSE WEIGHT!
36. Favorite vacation? Cruise with sister. Disney with the fam and to India orphanages, leper colonies and widow Dalit communities. Vacations with family growing up to see extended family members. Trips to Oklahoma and California from new Mexico. Could have done without the gigantic Arkansas mosquitos though.
37. Dream Vacation? Cruises with family and hubby alone to Hawaii