Friday, March 28, 2008

Techy Blush and Cringe





Let me begin by saying that I am technologically challenged. I even have trouble spelling that word. Spellchecker almost ALWAYS has to fix it for me.

Anyway...today I put a worship CD in my computer because someone in my house who will remain nameless keeps "borrowing" my CD player for the studio and forgets to bring it back.

So, I've been missing listening to worship and tuning in while I write. So I thought I'd see if the music CD plays in my computer's CD drive.

Don't laugh. I seriously had no idea if it would work or not.

Anyway...it did, but not until after I pushed a bunch of buttons. No idea how I got it to work but it did. So the music starts. The CD is Hold On (picture above) and one I've been using as a giveaway along with my Wings of Refuge books since the books are about military skydivers. And I have this bluish-silver theme going on with my promo stuff. I like stuff to match. Dunno why. It's the OCD rearing it's organizational head I guess.

The CD was made in New Zealand by the way. Not in Oregon or Fort Wayne. Trust me. This will be important later.

Anyway...all of a sudden..the NEATEST thing happened! (snickering as I type this) This slideshow of pictures started fading in and out on my screensaver to the tune of the music! I was SO impressed that not only will my computer PLAY MUSIC, the CD has pictures to go along with the music!

Then the weirdest thing happened...a picture of a little girl with a teddy bear came across the screen. Huh. That looks familiar. Looks like the picture I turned in to my editor for my last Art Fact Sheet. That picture fades out.

Next picture fades in...huh. Now that is really strange. It's a picture of a PJ (pararescue jumper) which I used to help me be able to describe a rescue using a hoist extraction. Very weird that the CD would have THESE pictures on it.

Then...Chip MacGregor's smiling face fills my entire computer screen. Now I'm really perplexed because I cannot figure out how Literary Agent Chip MacGregor, being Scottish, would be on a New Zealand Vineyard worship CD. And I am not exaggerating when I tell you I spent at least a minute trying to figure that out and make the mental connection between Scotland and New Zealand.

I know. Duh.

The stupid program was doing a slideshow of pictures I had on my computer!!! Not pictures on the music CD. Duh. Duh. Duh. LOL!

And in case you're wondering why I had a picture of Chipster on my puter..well that's because I interviewed him for the Seeker loop recently. www.seekerville.blogspot.com

Okay..go ahead and ask....and yes, I had a total blonde moment.

But it's too funny (to me at least) not to share.

No comments: