Friday, May 20, 2005

FINALIST IN TOUCHED BY LOVE

I'm awed and humbled beyond belief!!!!! I got a call today that one of my wips (works in progress) finaled in touched by love!!!!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS TO ALL THE OTHER FINALISTS!!!!!!!

For those of you who didn't final....I know EXACTLY what you're feeling right now, too. Been there, done that more times than I care to count and I'm sure I'll be there again faster than a speeding comma. So I'm sending great big cyber hugs and lots of cyber chocolate your way. I feel your pain and disappointment.

In fact, here's today's BLUSH AND CRINGE: the first few contests I entered in. . .I came in DEAD LAST! Thank goodness they don't list your name, you're only a number. Shew!!!!!!

BUT, because of the judges' comments, I began to learn (learning never stops, even when you're pubbed) what some of my weaknesses are as a fiction writer. In addition, I learned how to specifically improve particular entries. So I encourage you to keep at it and I promise it will more than likely happen to you one day. Hang in there. Remain teachable. Look for consistant comments...and don't be afraind of the DELETE or EDIT keys. Persistance pays off and God has a plan for your life. If you commit your works to Him, whether that be writing, or something else He's called you to, he will lead you and guide you, and best of all, encourage you and strengthen you in times of struggle and discouragement.

PS: Both entries that are now finalists in two different contests? Those were the ones that came in dead last when I began entering contests just last year. I know judging is subjective in nature, but you can glean from consistant comments despite scores that are all over the place.
===========================
VERSE:
"I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you," Isaiah 46:3-4 NIV

============================
Father, when disappointment comes our way, help us run your way. No matter what comes, don't let us lose faith. Use these situations to make us more like your precious Son.
============================
Blessings,
Squirrel

No comments: