Sunday, April 03, 2005

TRAFFIC JAM IN MOTION!!!!

If you've received my newsletter, The Acorn Connection, you know the Traffic Jam has officially begun!!! So far, Pamela James is laps ahead of the rest of you, so what are you waiting for? Send people to sign my guestbook! Don't forget to tell them to mention who sent them so you get credit! These are some great prizes guys and you don't want to miss this opportunity.

Don't have any idea what I'm talking about? I'm running a six month long contest, from April to October, in order to increase traffic on my website. Grand prize is your choice of 1 of 5 things valued at $200.00. There is no catch other than in order to win, you have to send more people to sign my website guestbook than anyone else. For more details, go to www.CherylWyatt.com click the newsletter link and sign up for it, or simply send me an email at Cheryl@CherylWyatt.com telling me you wish to enter Squirrel's Traffic Jam.

Don't forget about my monthly prompt contest, called "Squirrel's Story Starters." Prize is a free book.

BLUSH AND CRINGE
Once while working night shift at the hospital, I needed to page housekeeping to come clean a birthing room so we could move my other actively laboring patient in there. The stupid phone system was messed up and somehow, no matter what numbers you pushed, it dialed speed call numbers randomly. It's 2:00 in the morning and *housekeeping* picks up. "Hello?" a groggy voice answered. I'm squishing my eyebrows at the phone, thinking the housekeeping dude fell asleep on his shift. Anyway, so I go, "Yes, I need for you to come mop birthing room three as soon as possible." There was a pause, then groggy voice says, "Excuse me?" I repeat myself, "I need for you to come mop a birthing room. We're swamped and we need that room pronto." Next thing I know, groggy voice says, "Cheryl? Is that you?" I realize with a start the voice belonging to groggy person is NOT the nightshift housekeeper. It's the physician of my patient who was NOT on call and whom I had just wakened IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT. No longer groggy, very awake and slightly annoyed voice says, "Cheryl, you're calling me at two am to tell me to come back to the hospital to help you clean a birthing room?" "B-b-but, I didn't call you. The phone did!" I say. Likely story. He had a hard time believing the phone system was the one with microchips shorting out.


VERSE:

No comments: