Sunday, June 26, 2005

TO DELETE OR NOT TO DELETE.....

...THAT is the question. Bleck. My favorite scene in a book...and I might have to let it go due to point of view issues. So I'm in mourning over it, but I'm praying for strength to do what needs to be done with it in order to make the story better.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(That was NOT your town's tornado siren...it was me, wailing in agony.)

BUT...(you knew there was going to be a but, didn't you?) every time I've had to endure the pain of letting something go, something much better has returned in it's place. This doesn't only apply in my writing, but in life. Wrong relationships, careers, motivations, goals, even dreams. Some things you give up for God, the rewards of that may not show up until you get to Heaven, but you can rest assured it's there, waiting for you.

BORROWED PRAYERS:
Father, help us to open our hands and release things to You that hinder us. Especially since it's going to hurt a lot worse if You have to pry it from our hands. So what ever it is, help us to relinquish control to You, trusting You know what is best.

VERSE:
He will be used for special purposes, because he is dedicated and useful to his Master, ready to be used for every good deed. 2 Timothy 2:21 TEV

BLUSH AND CRINGE:
Once at work I was chewing a blue pen and about the time I tasted the (permanent) ink, several coworkers gasped, pointing to my face in horror. My entire mouth-- tongue, teeth, gums, lips, EVERYTHING, were stained bright blue for days.

1 comment:

Audra E. said...

The things you get into... ;)