Sunday, August 13, 2006

HUNGRY HUNGRY HIPPO

Hello y'all!

Back from surgery. Major hip reconstruction. Everything went well. I'm getting all buff and stuff from carrying myself around on a walker. Going up stairs is rather interesting though. You have to hop backwards...which doesn't sound too dangerous except for the fact that the walker is two feet wide and the steps are only one foot wide. Hopefully I won't fall and break my non-surgical hip.

WRITING UPDATES
Mailed off revisions the Sunday before Monday surgery. . .which would have been July 31st. I emailed it to my agent and she snail mailed it to the editor who did email to say she got it, and was looking forward to reading it. So I could hear any day.

I haven't been entering contests as of late. I'm plotting my next novel and enjoying that. I LOVE the title. For now I'll call it TGTN. I'll tell you what it is when I send it to an editor. I'm getting to know the characters and their issues. I'm having a couple plot issues with it, but for now, I'm trying to sort out scenes so I can dive in and get the rough draft done. So that's what I'm working on now.

I plan to attend the ACFW conference, and I think I may even have a sequined skirt in the mix for my walker. LOLOL!

Thanks for all your prayers and support prior to my surgery, and during this time of recovery.

God is faithful. He brought me through, and I'm really awed by the peace He gave during the entire process. Day by day He's getting me through the pain and frustration of immobility.

Blessings,

Squirrel

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to see you back! I want pictures of your walker's skirt!!!

Michelle's Writing Space

Anonymous said...

Good good good to hear from you again, lady! Glad everything went well. Been prayin'! And tell that walker who's boss. ; )

love ya!
donna fleisher

P.S. Think I should finally break down and sign up for blogger so I'm not always anonymous?