Friday, February 10, 2006

February Blogclass: Contests-Lesson 1-Introduction and call for suggestions

Welcome to my first Blogclass.

For the next few weeks I'm going to be discussing writing contests here. This is a learning tool of sorts, only there's NO homework. I hope you'll find the information I provide you about contests over the next few weeks helpful. In addition to providing helpful links and information about contests, I'll post interviews as well as feature guest bloggers.

I'll be taking suggestions (just email me or add your suggestion to my blog comments) this week . So tell me what you'd like to see in this class and I'll do my best to find answers to your questions. I hope you tune in each day, and tell a few friends who you think might benefit from this Blogclass.

A little about why I'm doing this:

I've been a contest entrant, a contest judge, and contest coordinator for multiple contests. I've came in dead last in contests and I've finaled and even managed to place in a few. I have a huge heart to mentor other writers and so I'm sharing stuff I've learned about contests to those of you who might benefit from my experience and research into contests.

LIST OF MY CONTEST PLACEMENTS:

Name of manuscript & year/contest/placement

AMBIENT BETRAYAL 2004 /Where the Magic Begins /First!
OMINOUS CODE 2005 /Jasmine /First!
COVENANT SEAL 2005/ Noble Theme /First!
CODE YELLOW 2005 /Heart of the Rockies /Second
(Covenant SEAL) 2005 /TARA /Second
(Ambient Betrayal) 2005/ Touched by Love /Finalist possibly second...not 100% sure but I'll find out.

In addition to this I have some "out there" that are pending.

Kind regards,

Cheryl Wyatt (Squirrel)

No comments: