Thursday, January 26, 2006

MINI-CRASH-COURSE ON WRITING CONTESTS-PART 1

I skitter around Steeple Hill's message boards www.steeplehill.com where we've been discussing writing contests. The next week or so I'm going to be posting information about contests that I'm aware of. Later I'll do a more comprehensive list of contests that do not have Inspirational categories. Besides this blog, there are places you can obtain a more comprehensive and ongoing list of upcoming contests.

You can join contest alert...a yahoo group that will send alerts to you about contests.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ContestAlert/ or email ContestAlert@yahoogroups.com

You an join RWA (Romance Writers of America) and order their RWR or Romance Writers Report which lists information about contests.

www.rwanational.org

Once a member of RWA you can join a wonderful RWA chapter called Faith, Hope and Love

http://www.faithhopelove-rwa.org/

If you sign up for the FHL newsletter, Susan Alverson does a listing of upcoming contests with Inspirational categories in that newsletter which comes out every other month.

Another place to look for contests is to google search different RWA chapters to see what their annual contest is. I'll try to help you with that by listing some contests that I am familiar with. I've been a contest entrant, I've been a contest judge, and I've been a contest coordinator so I've been on every side. So if you have specific questions you may email me at anavim4him @yahoo.com and I'll be happy to help.


Squirrel

No comments: