Sunday, December 04, 2005

TAGGED!!!!!

I've been tagged, which means I get to talk about myself. YAY. ROFL. Okay seriously, I'm really shy but here goes. I think I'm supposed to be telling you 15 personal and writing preference facts about myself. I'll try to write things I'll bet you all didn't know.

1. I got my first motercycle when I was five years old. It was a Honda 50 but I prefer Harleys.
2. I could shoot the "o" out of a coke can with my pellet gun from halfway across 5 acres before I was 8. That was a Daisy BB gun but I prefer semiautomatics. :-)
3. I have batted around the idea of writing a MOM lit. Don't ask me to explain what that is because I don't quite have a handle on it myself.
4. I lived in New Mexico near an Indian reservation, an ice cave, and a dead volcanoe for 16 years. I prefer to be close to family.
5. I love to read action/adventure, romantic suspense, and just plain good love stories, even historicals. I read both secular and Christian writers. I love to write military stories and I've never been in the military.
6. One thing I hate is stories and movies that do not have a happy ending. Life is hard enough and many people read to escape. Therefore I will ALWAYS write happy endings into my story. I can't control life but I can control the lives of my characters. Usually. :-)
7. I was the best archery and chess club student in high school. I put a tiny slice of me into every book I write.
8. I am seriously addicted to books.
9. My husband fully supports my habit, although he says he's NOT building one more bookshelf in the house.
10. I am now grieving over which books I will have to give up to make room for more.
11. I'm a certified practical joker but prefer NOT to have jokes played on me which is a moot preference since I live with The Master Joker himself---Mr. Billy.
12. I am helping to open a library in a small town here where I live. I prefer to sit and read the books instead of sand the shelves and stack the books. LOL!
13. I have a huge heart for orphans and usually have them in my books somehow.
14. I love my children more than anything.
15. I want them, and my entire family to know God more than anything. That's my biggest prayer.

I tag Gretchen, Syndi, Robin, Sandy, and Christa.

Squirl

2 comments:

Camy Tang said...

Tagged again??? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Neato list, though, Squirly. Getting excited about India? I'm praying for you!
Camy

Margaret Daley said...

Love your answers, especially number 6 is exactly the way I feel.

Margaret