Saturday, January 22, 2005

OOOOPS! I forgot!!!

How come you didn't remind me?

I forgot today's writing prompt! AND....it's a contest!!!!

Write a romantic comedy scene, using this sentence as the first line. You have a one month deadline. I'd like it to be between 100-500 words but if it's 50 or 600 I'm not giong to disqualify you this time.

Here's the prompt.

"Take your hands off that bagel, Sir. It's spoken for," Kaylee said.

I'd like to see what everyone wrote. My email addy is anavim4him@gmail.com if you want to email me your scene. I'll pick the funniest one and send the winner a $5.00 certificate to Lifeway Christian stores. So go for funny with this one, guys.

Writing term definitions:
manuscript-a written or typed book or article, usually referred to as such before publication

prompt -a challenge, something to get your creative juices flowing. Can be a scene, word, situation, dialogue, question, etc. that you can use as a springboard to write a scene.

That's all for now......promise!

1 comment:

Brenda Coulter said...

Squirl, congratulations on your new(ish) blog. Keep writing!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

(Those are supposed to look like hearts.)