Monday, February 22, 2010

Hero's Tribute by Graham Garrison



I read this book by accident. LOL! I received it from Douglas Public Relations
and had a few months to read it. I didn't intend to dive into it yet, but as soon as I opened it I started flipping through pages, curious to see what this new author had in store as far as writing style, etc. I couldn't stop reading.


The writing, the story and the dialogue in particular drew me in enough that I started at the beginning and inhaled it in one day...still sitting in the spot where I opened the box it came in. Call that engrosing. LOL! The characters sounded like real people. Graham's storytelling style reminds me a little of Philip Gulley, who I adore, and Graham shares the knack for depicting small town life well.

I was pleasantly surprised by this story...especially the beginning. Tonewise it reminded me of Facing the Giants. A gentle, surprising read. It's sold in stores and everywhere books are sold. Hope you'll pick up your copy soon.

Cheryl Wyatt

No comments: