Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Story Starter Scene Prompts-11 and critique contest

Let me know in the comment section of this post whether you find these prompts helpful. As incentive, everyone who leaves a comment on at least one Story Starter Scene Prompt this month will be entered into a drawing to receive a free critique/assessment of one of your scenes written from one of my prompts. This critique does not guarantee you will be published. This is simply a published author offering kind but honest feedback on the drawing winner's scene.

AND...you will receive 1 entry for each comment entered on separate weekly prompts during the course of the current month. I post prompts every Tuesday unless I'm guestblogging elsewhere. In that case, still leave a comment and I'll count the comment as another entry. Be sure to leave a valid e-mail address. I suggest you put [brackets] around the "@" sign so Net Spiders don't phish your address.

Onward to this week's prompt....


Story Starter Prompt
OBJECT:
• Write a 500-3500 word scene using five of fifteen Prompt Words.
• Begin each scene using one of three Scene Starter Sentences.
• Use any combination of (1) sentence/(5) words.
• Do three separate scenes with each prompt sentence if you want.
• Or if you’re really brave, try using ALL 15 prompt words in their proper usage and incorporate all three sentences into your scene hook ins or hooks out.
• Most of all, have fun!


Prompt Words:
1. ferry
2. intrigue
3. international
4. spy
5. bump
6. splash
7. missing
8. report
9. suspect
10.watching
11. safe
12. house
13. murky
14. danger
15. flee

Scene Starter Sentences:
A. "I know who you are."
B. "Now tell me why you're really here."
C. "I know you said last time was your final job but..."


Happy Writing!

Cheryl Wyatt

No comments: