Sunday, November 06, 2005

NOVEMBER PROMPT CONTEST

Sorry I'm a little late with November's prompts, I had a ton of deadlines for Nov. 1. Plus my DSL server isn't recognizing my password. Sigh. I've been having to walke uphill both ways in the snow to get to a library to check and send my email. *snicker*

October's winners were:

Becky and Ann!!!

PROMPT CONTEST RULES:

Write a scene of approximately 500 words following my prompt rules. Email your entry to

anavim4him @ gmail . com (no spaces) by November 20th. Winners will be announced by November 25th at which time I will give a list of prizes. (There are usually 4-10 books to choose from, either non-fiction classic writing-related books, Bestselling Christian devotional type books, or the newest releases of Christian Fiction.) All prize books are brand new.

Author of story retains all rights to story. I do not reproduce, print, or publish any portion of the entry anywhere. The purpose for this contest is to promote Christian Fiction and Non-fiction and to help aspiring writers learn the craft of writing, as well as to provide prompts to generate your creativity.

Happy writing!

Here's November's Prompt:

Write a 500 word scene using at least 5 of the following words.

Tamper
Snow
Car
Headlights
Sled
Yard Ornament
Tree
Squirrel
Slip
Fall
Crack
Widow
Detective
Red Paint

This story can be funny, romantic, a mystery, action/adventure, chick lit....whatever you want it to be.

Squirrel

No comments: